It is noteworthy that improper loading onto a freight transport platform can cause damage to the cargo. Our transportation company is well aware of this and therefore tries to comply with all loading rules. Cargo van loads processes are performed according to the type of cargo to be transported. It can be piece goods – barrels, boxes or anything else, or those marked Glass, Do not tilt, Caution, and others. The first thing to do is load the items with the largest weight. Moreover, their distribution should be done in the entire area. As you might guess, lighter objects are laid out on top.
If the cargo van freight is equipped with a special marking, then it must be visible. This is done by the unloading specialists, as they have to know that there are products that require specific handling. They have to be secured thoroughly, regardless of the nature of the goods and their size. Rigging is used for this (ropes). The use of wire and metal cables is strictly prohibited, as they can damage the product.
The movement of the load during sudden braking and when overcoming sharp turns are excluded when everything is properly fixed. Loading can be carried out by workers manually or with the use of special equipment, for example, a loader or a crane. Responsibility for carrying out the work lies with the owner operator cargo van loads and the head of the transportation company.
Methods of van loading
There are the following ways of loading goods onto a vehicle:
- top. This method of loading can be used only in one case – if there is a crane or some kind of lifting mechanism. The vehicle is completely unawned, which will take at least 2-3 hours and then the awning is installed back. If the truck has a rigid van, then it will be impossible to load in this way. The upper method is used in cases where it is necessary to load a large overall and oversized van. For example, car cabs, machine tools, special equipment, rolled metal products, and others.
- back. This type is considered the most common. It is used to load almost any type of cargo, both in bulk, on palletsб or in boxes. The rear loading view is popular in large and small warehouses that have their own ramp. There is no need to remove the awning. The operator only opens the doors and after that, you can bring in the goods and lay them out on the body.
- lateral. Sometimes it happens that the crane is missing and the ramp too. It is impossible to use the rear and top types of loading and only sideloading remains. The only thing you can’t do without when carrying out side loading is a loader. Loading manually will become an extremely long undertaking. You can also use the side view if you have a ramp. A metal sheet should be placed between the body and the ramp in such a situation. This will facilitate the entry of equipment and the placement of goods.
As a rule, the unloading of the contents from the truck occurs in the same way as the loading took place.
The solution in combination with a refrigeration unit
If you plan to load a van with a refrigeration unit, then there are certain rules.
- It is necessary to cool the van to the required temperature before loading, depending on the type of product being transported: fresh, chilled, or frozen.
- Don’t forget to check the product temperature. Remember that a refrigeration unit is designed to maintain the temperature of the pre-cooled or frozen cargo. If the van temperature is not correct, the cooling unit receives an additional heat load and excessive fuel consumption (which leads to the risk of cargo damage).
- It is necessary to check the packaging of the cargo: fresh products that have not undergone pre-cooling should be packed in containers with holes to effectively remove heat from it; pre-chilled or frozen products must be tightly packed without holes.
Everything has to be done in an appropriate way and our specialists are ready to provide you with decent services.